Tofu Lettuce Tacos
Ready in 30 min
Serves 4 ppl
258 calories Total per serving
· 1 pack of extra firm tofu
· 1 can of black beans
· 1 cup of frozen corn
· 2 medium Roma tomatoes
· 1 green bell pepper
· 1 head of romaine lettuce
· ½ yellow onion
· 1.5 tbsp Olive Oil
· 1 tsp of smoked paprika
· 1.5 tbsp taco seasoning
1. Cut the onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes into medium-sized cubes.
2. Rinse the can of black beans and frozen corn.
3. Crumble the tofu into small pieces with either your hands or forks.
4. Heat 1.5 tbsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the bell peppers and onions for about 3 to 5 mins and add 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
5. Add in the crumbled tofu and the taco seasoning and let the mixture cook for about 10 mins (can cook longer if you want the tofu to be firmer).
6. Then add in the corn, black beans, and tomatoes and let the mixture cook for another 3-5 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked.
7. Rinse your romaine lettuce leaves and fill with taco mixture and enjoy!
● Squeezing out the water from the tofu will help the mixture from turning mushy. I would recommend wrapping the tofu in paper towels and placing a pan or something heavy on top of the tofu to squeeze out the excess water.
● You can replace the tofu with chicken or lean turkey if you prefer.
$1.80 Total per Serving
All items are SNAP eligible
Meal will last in Fridge 3-4 days
Tofu filling will last in Freezer 3 months
Recipe and Video by: Anisha Patel